Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Simplicity Patterns

I was at JoAnn's yesterday for some zippers, and I stumbled upon the 99 cent Simplicity patterns.  I have quite a bit of self control these days, so I came home with only 5.  :-)  Looking at the website now, I realize none of my picks are from the newest batch.  Hunh.  Here they are:

2451 is a pretty gored skirt (view B) that I think may be the best skirt shape for me.  I really like the waist detail, too.

4032 looks like it might work for the red boiled wool I've had for too many years now.  I like the green version, D.
2181 looks like a perfect short sleeved, airy blouse for Florida summers.  I think I'll be making this one up soon.  In fact, I bought some blueish gray jersey at JoAnns for this, view A.

2245 is defnitely different than my usual sillhousette, but the model looks so cute n the dress, and  love the idea of the tunic and maybe even the pants.  I don't know.  I just fell in love with this one.

2365 looks like another cute, cool summer top, this time for a woven.  I'll definitely be making view B with the cute cap sleeves.



I wish they'd come up with a pattern for mid-rise, fitted pants.  I've had good luck with the fit of Simplicity's pants patterns, but there just aren't many I want to try.  1918 caught my eye, but "sits at natural waist" made me put it back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've had 2451 in my stash for a while, and I think it looks like a cute, classic skirt. I'd love to see your version!