Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Simplicity 2365

Here is my completed Simplicity 2365, first mentioned here.  I wore this yesterday for my big guy's 5th birthday party - see the Spiderman banner and bounce house cord in the background.



 Hubs says it looks like a maternity shirt but assures me I do not look pregnant. :-)
 The fabric is cotton voile from Gorgeous Fabrics several years ago.

 I took these hanger photos after wearing the top all day - hence the wrinkles.
 Buttons for the sleeve tabs are from JoAnns.
 I made a narrow machine hem on the machine - very easy.
This top wasn't too difficult. The trickiest part was trying to make all the tucks at the front even.  I used an eraseable marker to mark the folds.  I used silk organze to interface the collar and sleeve tabs.  I didn't interface the sleeve cuffs to keep a really relaxed roll.

I'm very happy with how this came out - light and airy and perfect for the coming summer.

5 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Super cute! Love the color for summer!

Debbie Cook said...

Pretty top and great color on you. Isn't the hubs a funny man. lol

velosews said...

Perfect top for summer celebrations:)

Lois Evensen said...

Perfect for summer and in my favorite color, too! :))) No, it doesn't look like maternity, it looks like comfy.

Happy Sunday,
Lois

Michelle said...

Oh, I love this top, I would totally wear this! Popped on over from the linky links on Top of the Tops Wk 1 on Made by Rae. :)