Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Butterick 5535 - Madras Skirt

Butterick 5535 is a pattern I've had in my stash for quite a while and just never got around to sewing.  I used it with a madras fabric for my 4th skirt for a Sawyer Brook sew along, and I think the fabric and pattern were a great fit.  My 3.5 foot photographer took these photos at the end of a long day wearing this skirt, and the only problem is that it didn't hold the pleat crease very well.  I may go back and stitch them in.

I love how the bias yoke on this skirt with the madras, and how the pleats make it kicky but still fitted around the hips.  I'll defintely be making this again.  Even if I omitted the pleats, this would be a grat A-line skirt.
 Here I wore it with a store-bought tee (red, white, and blue for Memorial Day!), but I envision wearing it with a white top through the summer.  I'll definitely be reaching for this one.




3 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Cute skirt! I have some madras fabric that I really need to use up... I really love it for summer.

Lois Evensen said...

Very cute skirt. That fabric brings back memories of similar fabric from 50 years ago. :)

Kathryn said...

What a cute skirt! I love everything about it - makes me need to finish up a few projects before we see each other. I want me some fun summer skirts too :-)