Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Louisa from French Girl Knits

I made this little sweater while on vacation in PA last month.  The pattern, Louisa from French Girl Knits, is actually for a tunic, but I only got two big skeins of this lovely hand dyed yarn, so it's just a little top for me. 
My yarn and gauge was totally different from the model, so I calculated my stitches as best I could, changing my counts a bit to account for the lace pattern. I do wish it was a hair bigger (especially the sleeves) and longer, but I have worn it three times already, so the fit is definitely not keeping me from wearing it.

This was amazingly quick to knit, and I would love to make another in the tunic length and gauge suggested. 
 I just wove a little navy ribbon through the neckline that I found in my mom's stash.  I keep meaning to look for a little velvet ribbon or something a bit more fancy when I go out, but I haven't remembered yet.
The yarn is Madeline Tosh DK in cobalt, 100% superwash merino.  I find the lacey pattern makes it quite comfy in the AC even in the Florida summer. 

6 comments:

Renee said...

Beautiful sweater! It looks great on you. And, I really like your haircut - very flattering!

Kathryn said...

That turned out really cute and it does fit you well, not that I ever doubted, of course :-) I may have to look out for yarn for one - it would be good for fall/spring here.

Diana said...

Gorgeous sweater and colour!! I love your haircut. Very flattering!

sdBev said...

This is really lovely. In the pic it looks like it fits perfectly.

velosews said...

That is very pretty. The colour and style suit your new look hair style.

Jody said...

Your new haircut looks amazing! Not everyone can pull off a boycut as well, it really suits you.

Beautiful sweater too!